Live in Denver or the metro area? Want to donate used books to help a charity but have trouble moving boxes of books?
Von Melee offers free book donations pickup in the Denver CO metro area. Plus our quick turnaround time and flexible hours makes it easy to donate.
We serve Denver metro, Boulder and Castle Rock.
All books in good condition are sold or donated. Your donations support First Book Denver.
At Von Melee we strive for,
- Convenience – Free book donation pickup. Click here to schedule.
- Transparency – We pledge 10% of profit for every donated book.
- Cash Donations – Our donation department is laser focused on generating cash for local charities.
Most book donations are between one to ten boxes. Or about 30 to 300 books roughly.
Charities Need Cash
If you go to the Denver Library book donation website, you’ll notice that the first thing that is emphasized are “Cash Donations.” Not book donations. The reason is that while book donations are welcome by public libraries, they also create a cost. A librarian has to sort through the donations, dispose of used textbooks or damaged books. They have to store books for the next library sale. All of this takes money before they can be sold and turned into cash.
With the Von Melee book donation program, we short-circuit that and do the sorting and disposing and donating. This helps save costs for non-profits and libraries and allows Von Melee to generate tons of cash for charity.
Transparency and Intention
I donate a dollar per donated book sold. I sell and sort and donate books on my own dime. That cash supports First Book Denver, a charity that gives kids their first new book to read. Especially kids who might not ever get a first book to read.
This is so important for libraries, to have a new generation of readers because while library sales are great, the vast majority of library funding is done through public tax dollars. Without a new generation of readers who support libraries when they come of voting age, it really doesn’t matter how many book sales libraries have. Libraries will go away without tax support. And tax support for libraries is driven by readers.
Plus we post a scanned copy of the checks as we write right on our website when donations are made.
Convenience of Free Pick-Up
It’s really that simple. We’ll pick up your books for you for free. Why is this option so attractive.Consider som eof the obstacles to donating used books.
- Many of Denver Public library branches are closed for remodeling. No book donations accepted.
- Libraries have specific hours for donations.This can be inconvenient when moving heavy boxes of books.
- Recognized brand name thrift stores are truly overwhelmed by book donations. I know one that is selling books by the pallet, for pennies just to clear space for other donated items.
- Several donation pick up services are now fee based.
What You Need to Know About Von Melee
Von Melee is a for-profit used bookseller. Book donors receive no tax benefit for donations. Yes we are adding value to our community. Yes, we offer free book donation pickup. Yes, we generate cash for local charities. However, if you need a write-off receipt, you may try one of the following. Some are fee based.
VOA offers free book donation pickup and donations are tax deductible.
CP Colorado is a fee based book donation service supporting non profits such as ARC Thrift Store. Tax deductible.
Kid Foundation Denver offers free book donation pick-up through a partnership with for-profit, Family Thrift Stores. The KID Foundation and SPD Foundation are 501(c)3 public charities. All contributions of goods are tax-deductible.
Choose Von Melee for Your Book Donations
So if you want to help generate cash for Denver non-profits, require convenience in book donation pick-up and want a local Denver bookseller to turn your books into cash for charities, choose Von Melee for your next book donation.
- All donation pickup subject to availability.
- Book donations larger then 10 boxes maybe turned down due to lack of space or vehicle availability.
- Pre-1970′s books are typically recycled.
Click here to fill out the scheduling form or give Matt Johnson a call at 720-840-0291 for further information.